Monday, September 29, 2008

My Sweet Angels Bella and Daisy
























These are the sweet little creatures that I get to come home to every night. They are always so welcoming and show such excitement when I open the door, there cute little tails are a wagging. Bella is the vocal one, she is the youngest. Daisy is a little more chill, more of a lady. I believe that all dogs come with personalities and Daisy was mild mannered and for that purpose she was the one that was chosen out of the litter. She was the most shy. I have had 5 dogs in the past and have learned that the shy ones usually end up being better pets, in my experience. Bella on the other hand is not shy. She is a little trouble maker, in fact She is always looking for something to chew on and she entertains her self all of the time. Daisy can be sleeping and then Bella will be running all over the house playing and wanting attention. She is so cute, and I love her personality, though she is more work, her spunk is endearing. She is a momma's girl, she follows me all over the house and she always sits at my feet when I am at my computer or sitting on the couch she is always on my lap.

I have noticed over the last few months, that they have not been eating as much and seemed like they were too skinny. I bought the kind of dog food that I had bought in the past for all of my other dogs, but they didn't seem to like it much. The only time they would really eat was when I put a little McDonald's on top, like chicken nuggets or gravy from soft dog food. I decided that I was going to make there food. I met Sherry, Joe's aunt at Ben and Nicki's wedding, and we were talking about our dogs. She told me that she made her dog's food and I thought that was a great idea, but never got around to asking her for the recipe, so I decided to finally get it from her and for those of you that have dogs, you can use it if you like.


Here is Sherrie's recipe
I use 1/3 protein, 1/3 grains and 1/3 veggies in the mixture that I conjure up approximately once a month. I cook beef, chicken or fish, add cooked grains (7 grains cereal, 13 grain cereal, oatmeal, rice, quinua, etc. ) add chopped veggies, usually frozen mixtures which can be purchased in bags of mixes (try to stay away from corn mixtures because they don't digest corn very readily) and when mixed place about 1/2 to one cup in a snack zip lock bag. Place all the little zip locks into a gallon size zip lock and freeze. I can get at least two servings out of each little zip lock bag. Bogey is ten pounds so 1/2 bag is plenty for him. At his dinner time he gets 1/2 a bag, some canned green beans and a dollop of nonfat cottage cheese (for his calcium) and his tail is just a-waggin. He loves this combo, even the broccoli and cauliflower. Give it a try. I'm sure they will love it and you only have to prepare these delights once a month.
If you use beef, start with 5 lbs of burger, drained of fat, 3-4 cups cooked grains, 3-5 cups chopped veggies.


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers