4 chickens, 2 ½ pounds each, quartered (I used skinless, boneless thighs, 2-3 lbs)
1 head garlic, finely pureed
¼ cup dried oregano
coarse salt and pepper to taste
½ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
1 cup pitted prunes
½ cup pitted Spanish olives
½ cup capers with a bit of juice
6 bay leaves
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white wine
¼ cup Italian parsley or fresh cilantro, finely chopped
In a large bowl combine chicken, garlic, oregano, pepper and coarse salt, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and juice and bay leaves. Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
Preheat oven to 350.
Arrange chicken in a single layer in one or two large shallow baking dishes and spoon marinade over it evenly. Sprinkle chicken pieces with brown sugar and pour white wine around them.
Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently with pan juices. Chicken is done when thigh pieces are tender and liquid runs clear.
With slotted spoon transfer chicken, prunes, olives and capers to a serving platter. Moisten with a few spoonfuls of pan juices and sprinkle generously with parsley or cilantro. Pass remaining pan juices in a sauceboat.
Serve warm or cold (room temperature).
- 212 movie
- Ashley Ram
- cutest blogs on the block
- fruit basket review
- Fudge and Candy
- hotel park city
- man on a wire
- michelle's wedding photos
- simple truths
- Tiffany Mar Photography
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (26)
- Happy Birthday Daddy!
- November 4th
- God permits the righteous to suffer for a purpose
- Mount Olympus
- Ruth's Chris
- lovely quotes :)
- Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
- Let virtue garnish they thoughts/ As a Man Thinket...
- Mosiah 4; 16-22
- baked mac and cheese
- Kahlua Cake
- Scalloped Potatoes with Three Cheeses
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Chicken Marbella
- Cheese, Chicken, Potato Casserole
- Café Rio Pork
- Triple Citrus Bars
- Andes Crème de Menthe Cookies
- Nanaimo Bar Recipe
- Monster Cookies
- Butterscotch Banana Cake
- Pumpkin Spiced and Iced Cookies
- Zucchini Bread with almond extract
- More Quotes! :)
- Deep Thoughts
- A walk down memory lane
- A walk down memory lane
- My Wonderful Family
- An Enabling Power
- The Lord will Provide
- The Lord tests the faith and patience of his peopl...
- Developing Christlike Attributes By President Diet...
- "For a man to conquer himself is the first and nob...
- "Conquering any difficulty always gives one a secr...
- "It is a serious thing to live in a society of pos...
- "When the Lord measures an individual, He does not...
- Salt Lake City Temple
- Congratulations to Michelle and Brannen Mehaffey!
- Michelle's Wedding
- Michelles wedding
- ▼ October (40)