Sunday, October 19, 2008

Zucchini Bread with almond extract

So my Aunt gave me a huge zucchini, so I was able to make alot of different desserts with it. I have never tried this recipe yet, that Joe's mom gave me a while ago, so I tried it last night, except I didn't have any vanilla extract and so I had to use the next best thing, almond extract instead and it was sooooo good!


Zucchini Bread

by Jeanne Humphrey

Preparation:

Preheat Oven 350º

Spray two bread pans with cooking spray.

Recipe makes 2 loaves of medium bread pans (4-1/2x8-3/4 inner pan size)

or 1 large bread pan.

Combine together, mixing until fluffy:

3 eggs, well beaten

1 cup cooking oil

2 cups sugar

Add:

2 cups zucchini, raw, peeled and grated

3 teaspoons vanilla

In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients:

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon soda

1 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon allspice

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 - 1 cup chopped nuts

Slowly add dry ingredients to the main mixture, mixing just until incorporated well.

Do not overmix.

Fill bread pans 3/4 of the way up to allow for rising:

Baking times will vary according to your area. Sea level is approximately 1 hr. for large bread pan.

Watch the oven a bit earlier though so you don't overbake. Sides should be pulling away from pan

and toothpick test comes out almost clean, but moist. Place on a cooling rack and wait 10 minutes

before turning it out of the pan. Finish cooling bread on the rack. Once bread is cool, wrap loaf up

in cellophane or put in a plastic bread bag to keep it moist.

1 comment:

The BC Fam said...

I'm going to try that, yummy!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

Blog Archive