Sunday, November 9, 2008

Snow Canyon 1/2 Marathon























Today my sister and I were crazy enough to run a 1/2 marathon in Saint George, down Snow Canyon. The trail route was so beautiful and a fall day, it was really a perfect setting.

I have run 3 of these crazy things in the past, but it has been 5 years since my last 1/2 marathon, so I was really not in shape to run it, but I did it anyway. Rachel has been training for the last 16 weeks, something that I was too lazy to do. It takes a lot of time to train for these things.

She did marvelous and I did terrible, but that is the price that I pay for doing it last minute. I am glad that I was able to do it, cause it was really fun to drive to Saint George and get out of Utah Valley. We went with Danielle and Holly and we had a fun time chatting and hot tubbing and eating at Cracker Barell afterwards. A road trip is always refreshing and mixes things up. Rachel and I got to see Amy Broadbent, our friend from high school, she lives in Saint George now, she brought her darling little 3 year old daughter to lunch and we had a fun time.

Now, I need to get back in shape, so that next time this comes up, I wont be sooooooooo sore. I can hardly walk now :( , but on the way to getting my runner's legs back.!!

3 comments:

Lauriej said...

At this point you can just stretch! maybe go and get a massage :-)
Next time try taking an ice bath withing 45 minutes of running. They are awful but you can't believe the difference they make! and then start popping ibuprofen like they are candy for the next 24 hours!!!
Good job on even finishing. I would imagine with Snow canyon your quads are kiling :-)

The BC Fam said...

You both are so gorgeous! Good job!

lissiemarie said...

You go girl! I ran one a month ago and I did it only to get away from kids and get rid of stress. It was fun.

Would love to chat and hear about your love life because I am sure you won't write it here!

love, lissie

ps you are looking fab!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

Blog Archive